Termine

08. - 10.12.2014: Frankfurt |
PLC2 - Video Signal Processing

08. - 12.12.2014: Freiburg |
PLC2 - Expert FPGA Schaltungstechnik

08. - 10.12.2014: Mnchen |
PLC2 - Compact ZYNQ for HW Designers

Boards

Spartan 6 FPGA SP605 Evaluation Kit (XC6SLX45T-FGG484)

Links

FPGA Hersteller:  Altera
Xilinx
Lattice
FPGA Schulungen:  PLC2
El Camino
Trias
Weiteres:  VHDL ORG

Literatur

Dieter Wecker

Prozessorentwurf

Jahr: 2015
ISBN-10: 3110 4029 63

RD1124 I2C Slave Peripheral using Embedded Function Block

Ihr wollt IP-Cores auf einem Lattice System benutzen und habt Fragen bzw. Probleme - dann seht hier nach.

RD1124 I2C Slave Peripheral using Embedded Function Block

Beitragvon Harald » Fr 25. Mai 2012, 14:29

Microprocessors often have a limited number of general purpose I/O (GPIO) ports that reduce pin count and shrink package size, but limit the number of I/Os to which a microprocessor can be connected. To allow more I/Os to be connected to microprocessors, I/O expanders or port expanders are used to provide I/O expansion capability. Most generic GPIO expanders use low pin count protocols, such as I2C or SPI, as the interface to the master. They allow designers to save the GPIO ports on the microprocessor for other critical tasks.
The I2C GPIO Memory Interface reference design provides a programmable solution for serial expansion of GPIOs. It uses an Inter IC Communication (I2C) interface between the microprocessor and the GPIOs. The design provides additional control and monitoring capabilities for a microprocessor when it does not have sufficient GPIOs to do the job.
Apart from the GPIO expander, this design also provides a memory interface to the microprocessor. This memory is accessible via the I2C interface. The I2C memory command interface is similar to those commonly found in discrete I2C memory devices.
This reference design is intended to provide a familiar and intuitive interface extension to the MachXO2™ Embedded Function Block (EFB). The EFB I2C module supports the major features listed in the I2C specification. Users can take advantage of the MachXO2 hardened I2C port to access user-defined internal registers or provide a memory extension. The user is spared from learning operational details of the I2C protocol, the WISHBONE bus or the EFB block. More informatiuon you can find on the Lattice web page : http://www.latticesemi.com/products/cpl ... /index.cfm
The Reference Design sat Lattice are free of charge
Harald

Re: RD1124 I2C Slave Peripheral using Embedded Function Bloc

Beitragvon Samhold » Mo 19. Nov 2012, 20:01

Harald hat geschrieben:This reference design is intended to provide a familiar and intuitive interface extension to the MachXO2™ Embedded Function Block (EFB). The EFB I2C module supports the major features listed in the I2C specification. Users can take advantage of the MachXO2 hardened I2C port to access user-defined internal registers or provide a memory extension. The user is spared from learning operational details of the I2C protocol, the WISHBONE bus or the EFB block. More informatiuon you can find on the Lattice web page : http://www.latticesemi.com/products/cpld/machxo2/index.cfm
The Reference Design sat Lattice are free of charge

This sounds very good. In a few weeks I am going to give it a try :) Thanks for the information :)
Samhold

Zurück zu Lattice IP-Core Ecke